Thursday 12 March 2015

Antique Victorian Paste Earrings in Sterling Silver and 9k Gold

Even in the 1880s not everyone could afford diamonds and platinum, but everyone wanted style, and that's where earrings like these beauties come in! Set with a line of glittering paste gems to emulate diamonds which glow and glitter even in the softest of light, these gorgeous earrings are made just as well as the real thing.

Hand crafted in England in about 1880, these fabulous drops are set with 22 early paste gems which have been cut to closely resemble old cut diamonds, they are foil backed and collet set into sterling silver, with 9k screw tops. Each link it fully articulated leading to wonderful movement and sparkle with every slight move that you make. They are 1 3/4 inches (46 mm) long and 3/16 of an inch wide and weigh 7 grams together. The tops are screw backs, I think that they these tops are a later conversation, but they could be converted back to wires.

It's more and more difficult for me to find lovely old paste earrings like these, so I was simply delighted when I came across them on a recent visit to Bath. No one ever threw out grandma's diamond and platinum earrings, but lovely earrings like these had a tendency to get worn out or lost, so it is nice to have a pair this fabulous.

Thanks! If you like this piece and would like to see more, simply click the 'Shop Home' link on the upper left of this page, underneath "Shop Sections". Then simply relax and enjoy!

A Message From Victoria:

Please note that all items listed as silver or gold are either marked (in which case there will be a photo clearly showing the mark) or have been acid tested by me to verify their metal content. Please also note that there is a size photo showing the size of all items (ring show American ring sizes, photo grid is in inches). Thanks!

I offer layaway on all items purchased for full retail price. In general my layaway terms are 1/3 down and 1/3 in 30 days and the last 1/3 in 60 days. I am flexible so if you are interested please ask me and we can work out a payment plan that suits you. Items ship when payment is complete and items purchased on layaway are eligible for exchange only.

I always want you to be happy with anything you purchase from my Etsy shop. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason simply let me know and we'll work together to get the item returned for a refund. I guarantee that my pictures and descriptions are as accurate as possible. My goal is to exceed your best expectations!

Thanks! Enjoy these Fabulous Finds at Great Prices!

Item ID: ES0613595V1                    


Powered by: BKGjewelry