Thursday 19 March 2015

Custom Estate 14K Gold, .21CT TW Diamond & Platinum Drop Earrings

Welcome to my improved ETSY shop!  I’m ROBINS NEST MIDWEST and I want my Buyers to visit often! 

May I offer…

AGE: C.1920 or so

ITEM: I always love history when I find jewelry and here's the tale behind these GORGEOUS drop earrings!

A young girl lost her mother at an early age and didn't receive her mother's jewelry till the mid 1950s. Part of her inheritance included a platinum watch with diamonds. She never wore the watch but kept it in her jewelry box for a long time when, sometime in the 1960s, she discovered a use for the watch. Enter a jeweler who truly knew what he was doing and fashioned parts of the watch into the earrings you now see. The sad part is that the prior owner recently passed and her children did not want these beauties - which is where I came into the picture.

For pierced ears, the earrings are composed of platinum and white gold and feature beautifully white diamonds that add just the right amount of sparkle. The "fringe" is of white gold and was added to the bottom watch sections as well as the back plate bearing the hallmark. The earposts are of white gold and overall, I'd say the custom work is incredible!

CONDITION: Excellent with no problems I can spot.

METAL CONTENT: Diamonds are embedded in platinum. The earwires and fringe are 14K white gold.

HALLMARKS: 14K on the nuts. 14K at the back of the earrings. The platinum was professionally assayed - the original hallmark would have been on the back plate of the watch.

SIZE: From top to bottom measures 1-3/4"; width is 11/16" approx.

WEIGHT: Combined weight is 9.4 grams.

DIAMOND WEIGHT: Each earrings contains 10 diamonds. Sizes range from 1mm to 2mm. Estimated weight is 10.5 points to each earring for a total weight of .21CT TW. Diamonds are F-G in color and are very clean and sparkly.

FINAL COMMENTS: Gorgeous and more than likely ONE OF A KIND!

(SCJ)

ITEM SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE

DISCOUNTS: 

Very simple.  Some of my prices are firm, some aren’t.  Those that are firm will be clearly marked, those that aren’t will be open to discount.  If Buyer is interested in “a more friendly price” please convo me – I’m very approachable! As my father continues to remind me daily, I’m a dealer, not a collector.  I’m here to find new homes for everything in my shop.

HOLDING ITEMS:

24 hours only – no exceptions.

POSTAGE:

…..United States – FREE (and that includes insurance).  But since I can't put FREE in the shipping area, I have to put .01 (sorry).  

WHY NOW?

Times are tough, I know.  Since selling on the Internet is my livelihood I will do anything to strike a deal – I want to STAY in business!  I also want to continue to build my rep as a fair minded dealer who offers really nice items to my customers.  I believe that if I do this, my customers will return again and again and again.  I love doing what I am doing and want to continue to do so till the day my fingers can no longer type on a keyboard. 

Again, if any buyer wants a combo of items, please contact me so I can make the amendments.  

Welcome to my shop – may your stay be a pleasant one!                    


Powered by: BKGjewelry